The design and programming process is the most important step for ensuring a compliant fire protection system. Our years of knowledge and experience qualify us to design and install your system in accordance with local, state, and national fire codes.
With our NICET IV certified engineers, PSI can support the design of your life safety system project, from small tenant improvements to complex system integrations. Our experienced team will support your project from design through final commissioning, regardless of the size or complexity of your job.
What Type of Projects Do We Support?
- Tenant improvements – When moving to a new property, make sure the fire safety systems are up to par with help from our experienced team. Our design professionals will analyze and improve the system your new building has.
- Fire alarm retrofits and upgrades, including voice and mass notification – Make sure your building is properly serviced by a working fire alarm system, and consider adding voice and mass notification systems that will alert the building’s occupants and the authorities to send help promptly. Our engineers can help you upgrade or retrofit your existing system, rather than installing a completely new one.
- New construction – Ensure that your newly built building has the right fire and life safety systems in place before you open your doors. When working with a new construction space, we can work the fire suppression into the building’s basic design.
- Government projects – Government buildings and projects have unique fire suppression needs. We specialize in working with government buildings throughout the Washington, DC metro area, ensuring they meet both local and national fire codes.
- Data centers – Data centers have unique code compliance needs for fire suppression and protection systems. We can help you comply.
What Systems Do We Offer?
We are Edwards/EST strategic partners, specializing in the installation of EST fire alarm and mass notification systems. In addition to being NICET certified, our technical team is factory trained on Edwards/EST systems, as well as many other fire and life safety systems.
FAQs About Fire Protection System Design
What is the most cost-effective fire suppression system?
While you don’t want to cut corners when it comes to protecting your business from fire, you can shop efficiently. Modern low-pressure water mist systems can be the most cost-effective solution. Our team will help you determine if this is the right fit for your needs.
What is the best fire suppression system for multiple areas in one space?
Sometimes a building will have different needs in different parts of the building. For instance, the data processing areas may have one fire suppression need, while the main office areas have another. We help businesses design systems that fit all of their needs to ensure that they have adequate fire suppression in every area of their facilities.
Who is most qualified to help with fire suppression system design?
When seeking help with fire suppression systems, look for NICET IV certified engineers who can provide the right knowledge and support through the planning process.
How can buildings stay compliant with current fire suppression codes?
Working with a certified fire suppression professional will help you maintain compliance and reduce the risk of having a poorly protected building. PSI can help you maintain compliance and properly protect your facility from undue risk.