Fire Alarm System Service, Repair, & Maintenance
If a fire breaks out in your facility, are you 100% confident your fire alarm system will work 24/7, without failure?
Fire alarm systems require immediate repairs and routine maintenance. A malfunctioning fire detection system poses a risk to your building’s occupants, property, and real estate. Don’t tempt fate – repair a faulty fire alert system without delay.
Performance Systems Integration provides fire alarm repair services in Seattle and Portland. We can help fix the following system problems:
- System failing to detect fire
- Notification devices failing
- Fire detection system won’t switch on
- Repeat false alarms
- Faulty LEDs
- Unable to silence alarm
- Damaged or corroded wires or electrical components
- Inaudible voice evacuation system
- Intermittent beeping
- Improperly programmed fire alarm control panels
- Damage caused by power surges or lightning
- Damage due to vandalism
- Device compatibility problems
- Improperly installed retrofits
Our team is available 24/7. We respond to emergency calls within 24 hours and we can provide same-day alarm system repairs in Washington, Oregon, and the Bay Area.
Why Choose PSI?
With offices in Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, and Mountain View, California—we’ve been a leading provider of fire & life safety services in the Northwestern U.S. since 2002. As your fire alarm system repair company, you can expect the following from us:
- Lightning-fast response times
- Experience repairing conventional and addressable fire alert systems
- Well-stocked components and replacement parts so we can repair your alarm quickly
- A one-call solution for installations, repairs, and maintenance
Who We Serve
We provide fire detection system repairs to the following types of facilities:
- Apartment Complexes
- Schools and Day Care Centers
- Office Buildings
- Nursing Homes
- Hospitals and Physician Offices
- Warehouses and Storage Facilities
- Retail Stores
* We serve many other facility types – contact us to see if we can serve your needs.
Common Fire System Repair Services
We can handle virtually any fire alarm system repair you need. Some of our most common repair services include:
- Fire Alarm Control Panel Repairs
A fire alarm control panel (FACP) – also known as a fire alarm control unit (FACU) – controls the activities of the appliances that detect fires, alerts people to danger, and identifies problems with your fire protection system. Fire alarm control panel repairs are among our most common services in the Pacific Northwest.
- Fire Alarm Circuit Board Repairs
We can troubleshoot and repair fire alarm circuit boards – a common cause of fire alarm system malfunctions. If your circuit board can’t be repaired or if parts are unavailable, we can install a new one.
- Pull Station Repairs and Replacements
A functioning fire alarm pull station is a critical first defense, allowing prompt evacuation and rapid attention from first responders. They’re also a vital fail-safe redundancy. We can repair or replace fire alarm pull stations in Seattle or Portland.
- Reprogramming Fire Alarm Panels
Although your alarm panels were programmed when they were installed, your panel needs to be reprogrammed if your building layout has changed.
Fire Alarm System Replacement vs. Repair
To determine if you need to replace your fire alarm system or whether a simple repair is an option, we ask several questions, including:
- Can your fire alarm system be repaired by replacing a faulty part or module?
- Does your fire alarm system need to be reprogrammed?
- Are replacement parts for your fire alarm system obsolete?
- Does your fire alarm system have essential modern features?
- Do local authorities require upgrades to your fire alarm system to meet new building codes?
Speak with one of our technicians today – fill out our online form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should a faulty fire alarm control panel be repaired or replaced?
The short answer is it depends. Many control panel components can be repaired or replaced. But if your FACP parts are obsolete, or if your local building codes or fire codes require upgrades to modern equipment, replacing the FACP may be required.
Do fire alarm system repairs require a permit?
Many repairs do not require a permit if the repair includes “like for like” replacement or if there are no changes to major system components. Simple repairs, such as replacing defective pull stations, notification appliances, or smoke detectors, can be done without a permit in some localities. We are happy to be your compliance partner to ensure fire system repairs comply with local building codes and fire codes.
What should we do if our fire alarm is beeping constantly?
Call us right away – you may have a malfunctioning alarm system. We can quickly diagnose and determine if repairs or replacements are necessary. Contact us online today.
Why does our fire alarm system issue frequent false alarms?
Repeat false alarms may indicate a sensor in your fire alarm system is not performing. We may be able to replace the sensor or make other necessary repairs. To schedule fire alarm system repair, contact us online.
We can’t hear our voice evacuation system … what’s wrong with it?
The most common cause of inaudible voice evacuation systems is the improper placement of audible and visual notification devices. Electrical problems or dead batteries could also be preventing your detection and notification systems from working properly. Contact us immediately!