BuildingReports: The Game Changer in Inspection Reports
When it comes to inspection reporting, facilities managers and building chiefs cannot afford mistakes. That’s why the most trusted fire and life safety vendors turn to one company for accuracy and compliance: BuildingReports (BR). The Georgia based business has established itself as the premier inspection reporting company by conducting over 6 million inspections (and counting), and servicing more than 900,000 buildings, effectively representing 300+ million devices nationwide.
Manual inspections are frustrating, time-consuming, and more prone to errors. The benefits of using BR are ample: improve the safety of your facilities, ensure compliance, increase accuracy, improve accessibility, and more. With the right fire and life safety service vendor, getting started with BuildingReports is easy. And, when you use BR, you can expect highly detailed, yet easy-to-understand documentation regarding all safety and compliance issues: identification of deficiencies, full code explanations, The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) editions for code referencing, floor plans, and a live archive of your entire NFPA reports suite that’s mobile accessible.
What is BuildingReports?
BuildingReports provides online and mobile inspection software to help commercial facilities ensure safety and code compliance. While some project managers or facilities directors may assume that such software is excessive or unnecessary, the truth is that BR is an essential tool that every company should utilize if they are concerned about maintaining compliance and safety.
As the person in charge of checking fire and life safety systems and ensuring your facilities are up to code, you must recognize that manual inspecting is antiquated and simply not as reliable as what BuildingReports has to offer. By working with 900 of the most experienced and respected service companies, BR has your best interests in mind.
Benefits you cannot afford to ignore
One of the core benefits of BuildingReports is that it simplifies inspection management for end-users and Authority Having Jurisdictions (AHJ) alike. As a result, it is the largest and most comprehensive online NFPA reporting platform in the world. It allows you to view reports anytime from any device with an internet connection. You can quickly review discrepancies, approve repairs or replacements and easily forward reports to AHJs or other important stakeholders.
Additionally, BR offers numerous advantages over other reporting services/methods:
- Online portal for easy retrieval of all NFPA reporting from all connected devices.
- Red, yellow and green report status tags for easy identification of facilities out of compliance.
- Immediate notification to clients of appropriate code references should action need to be taken.
- In-field barcode scanning to verify that inspectors have been to all life safety devices. Provides accountability at the device so clients can be assured all devices are captured and tested from one year to the next.
- For healthcare clients, inventory based reports that meet Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC) and Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc (DNV) survey standards.
- All devices have accurate NFPA device attributes for comparison for previous year and original design criteria analysis.
With hundreds of different devices and systems on the market that are mandated by local fire code and building officials, the inspection process can be complex and time-consuming. In addition, standards organizations, such as DNV and TJC, require additional test and inspection frequencies. BuildingReports offers inspection solutions for every inspection category and simplifies the process, while satisfying the complexities of inspection compliance.
Get started today, and have peace of mind for tomorrow
Taking advantage of BuildingReports’ powerful software starts by hiring one of the 900 service companies in their network. Next, all you need is an internet connected device. Reports can be accessed by any mobile device or desktop workstation/laptop with an internet connection. Once you receive your login credentials from your fire and life safety vendor, or BR, you can login via a standard web browser or by phone application to access your reports.
Using the ScanSeries® online inspection reporting app, you will have access to a variety of reporting solutions depending on your specific industry and needs:
- FireScan® — Provides accurate inspection reporting for monitoring equipment, auxiliary functions, control equipment, notification appliances, and initiating devices.
- HVACScan® — Heating, ventilation and air conditioning technicians, will benefit from the comprehensive service logs and documentation for electrical as well as mechanical components.
- SafetyScan® — With SafetyScan, inspectors can generate reports for lighting, personal protective and safety equipment, and fire extinguishers no matter the facility.
- SecurityScan® — Using SecurityScan, inspectors will be able to gather inspection data regarding access control, CCTVs, burglar and security systems, and nurse call stations.
- SprinklerScan® — Inspectors can easily test and inspect sprinkler systems and water-based fire protection systems in any location.
- SuppressionScan® — Now inspectors can quickly scan and record complete data about the most serious hazards in your building, including data regarding kitchen hood systems and gas leaks.
BR’s software suite is easy to install and use. And no matter what type of device you own, you are covered — BR is supported on iOS®, Android™, Windows Mobile® and PalmOS®.
Expect an in-depth analysis and report on your buildings
The most powerful inspection software in the world is useless if it does not provide detailed and accurate data. Fortunately, BuildingReports’ inspection suite has the ability to generate comprehensive information for all of your fire and life safety systems.
When you use BuildingReports’ software, you can expect:
- Embedded codes and standard references for all deficiencies, ensuring you receive full code explanations for devices that failed.
- Selectable NFPA editions so you can make sure you are referencing the relevant adopted codes and standards in your area.
- A detailed building floor plan with green, yellow, or red indicators.
- A Live online compliance log that allows instant access to NFPA reports by scanning a QR barcode label (with your mobile device) located on the fire alarm panel or electrical room.
If you are already using BuildingReports at your facilities, be sure to login after a recent deficiency service is complete to review report tag statuses and corrective notes. Upon completion of service, you can expect a field generated report within 48 hours. Additionally, BR’s powerful software allows you to authorize repairs with a single click.
Performance Systems Integration: A trusted BuildingReports service partner
Performance Systems Integration (PSI) is proud to partner with BuildingReports and provides comprehensive fire and life services to schools, property management, hotels, hospitals, and other businesses throughout Oregon and Washington.
At PSI, we have dedicated deficiency estimators who review red tags and proactively reach out to our clients post inspection to review deficiencies and propose work upon request. Additionally, we offer a host of customized reporting for healthcare customers that include custom templates for CMS, DNV, and TJC.
Our certified staff are on-call 24/7 to handle any fire or life safety emergency service call. To find out more about a free life safety and code compliance analysis in the Pacific Northwest, call our team at 503.641.2222 or contact us online.