EST4 is the Premier Emergency Communications System from Edwards™
When it comes to fire and life safety, you need a system that you can count on in every way. That’s why EST4 is engineered to perform for decades, be quick to service, and simple to integrate into any building’s existing infrastructure. And with state-of-the-art defense against cyber threats, you can trust EST4 keeps your property secure from every angle.
It provides systems engineers with the tools they need to create projects that exceed expectations and have plenty of room to grow, all while respecting facility budgets and construction schedules.
The result is an emergency communications system equally suited to new and retrofit projects; a platform that keeps property safe and steers people clear of danger.
- Flexible IPV6 network design – operate in Class B, A, X, N, or full mesh using fiber, Ethernet, or copper wiring.
- Enhanced cybersecurity – the EST4 proxy firewall uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and secure protocols making it FIPS Pub 197 certified. The FIPS, Federal Information Processing Standards, are the most current and most advanced encryption protocols administered by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- On-board web server – remote device-independent access to system status reports.
- Built-in email and email-to-SMS messaging – instant notification of specific event types sent to appropriate personnel.
- Large full-color LCD touch screen with tactile buttons – fast, intuitive access to service and responder functions.
- Five-color LED indicators – system status at a glance, select the color needed during programming, reduces replacement part inventory, maximizes the use of available infrastructure.
- Network data, audio data, and telephone data share a single twisted pair or single fiber strand – up to 75 percent less cabling, substantial cost savings in material and labor.
- Backward Compatibility with EST3 Wiring – devices, and most local rail modules are backward compatible, providing easy migration paths, economical transition to new technology.
- Existing systems supporting only network data can also support voice audio – upgrades add value and extend capabilities in retrofit situations.
Right now, Edwards™ is offering an extended 10-year parts warranty in addition to the benefits that come with a fire system upgrade—including remote access and enhanced system security. Plus, installing a new system may fall into CARES act incentives that begin to phase out in 2022.
At PSI we are ready to help. For more information or to schedule a compliance analysis, contact PSI today.